Friday, April 22, 2011

What do you have to lose?


So as I'm sitting in prayer reading The book of Luke Chapter 20-24. The crucifixion of Christ. I looked up at the cross that is hung above our platform in Awe. And all that ran through my head was how much pain it cost him, to save me. Like being hung by his hands with nails through them. How his feet were nailed to the cross. How he had thorns pushed through his head. and I keep picturing the inscription that was on the top of the cross. 'Jesus, King of the Jews'. They inscribed it as mockery towards Jesus, as a joke. Little did they know. He was, and still is.

When Jesus was on the cross there was a criminal who was mocking him, saying that he was crazy, even stupid, and that if he was God, to save them and himself, but the other criminal the one on Jesus' right side, he looked at the man who was mocking Jesus and said to him 'Have you no fear of God? You're getting the same as him. We deserve this, but he did nothing to deserve this.' and then he said 'Jesus,  remember me when you enter your kingdom. '. Personally when I get to Heaven would love to meet this man. He didn't sit there and mock God. He understood the circumstance. He understood Jesus was being killed for nothing, that he did nothing wrong. He understood that he was the Messiah. This man had humility. Which is far more than I can say for most people.

In this jumbled mess of what I have to say, this is what I'm getting at. Why wouldn't people serve a God that died for them? Why wouldn't they Love Him with all of their hearts? What do they have to lose? That's the most puzzling question to me. and I wish badly that I had the answer.  There's a quote that always stuck out to me. It makes the most sense in a senseless world. And it's this. 'I would rather go through life believing there is a God and dying to find out there isn't, than to go through life believing there isn't and dying to find out there is.'

So that's what's been on my mind. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. and I hope I've shed some light on the subject for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment