Friday, April 22, 2011

Penetrating the Darkness with an unfailing Light-

So tonight we had our first music concert in Uptown. Now, I was expecting to go, hear songs, and leave like it never happened. But I was wrong. We got there and set up and before they started practicing we had group prayer, and the second we started praying Gods spirit was so tangible it sent shivers down your spine. I knew from then on that it wasn't going to be an ordinary 'Jam Session'. The first half was iffy. People were walking in and out so it was easily distracting. My nanny boy woke up from his nap and I was holding him and trying to get him back to sleep. The group was singing a song and suddenly the Presence of God just flooded the coffeehouse in Uptown.

It was so strong so... Uplifting. To know that in a city where darkness lurks on every corner, alley, and side street, God, he was there in the midst. His light shinning brighter than anything.  Now I don't know what it sounded like from outside the Beat coffee house but inside was uplifting Praise and Honor to the King of Kings! My God is so good! 


Jesus said, "For a brief time still, the light is among you. Walk by the light you have so darkness doesn't destroy you. If you walk in darkness, you don't know where you're going. As you have the light, believe in the light. Then the light will be within you, and shining through your lives. You'll be children of light - John 12:35

I <3 that verse. I hope it brings as much understanding to you, who is reading this, as it does to me.


M. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment