Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bin Laden's dead. What now?

Since this is a national situation, I figured it's a good opportunity to write. I would like to rejoice that Bin Laden is dead. and I started to. and then I saw a comment that a friend made on a post and he said 'why are we rejoicing for the death of a man who had a soul? when God has been trying to teach us forgiveness? We should be at least a little sad that a soul left earth without Jesus.' and that got me thinking. I understand that man has brought a kind of Hell on this Country but I also know that 'all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.' so if Jesus were here in America at this time, leading this Country would he be happy or sad? Would he rejoice or be weary? Because Bin Laden was a human being, I'm not justifying his ways, or what he's done, because it's affected all of our lives. But do we have any right to judge him? Or should we be saying. 'Bin Laden is dead.' and leave the judgement to God?

Proverbs 24: 17-18 has compelled me to go on with my theory. It says this, 'Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.'. Why are we rejoicing? Yes, the enemy has fallen. But God still reigns. and it goes against everything he's taught us to boast and brag about it!
Another friend said "A soul is a soul- and one lost to hell is a tragedy regardless of who it belonged to."


No comments:

Post a Comment