Wednesday, May 4, 2011

He found me, and then, he let me find them :)

Things have changed a lot for me in the past three years. For the good and the bad. but there's a few special people that I'm going to write about today. They probably won't read this for a long time but I feel like writing about them, So I will :)

First, My mom. She was a great woman of God, mother, daughter, wife, and friend. She helped people left and right even when it wasn't necessarily convenient for her. She never really did get the thanks she deserved, even from me. But she was greatly loved but she gets to spend the rest of eternity in complete happiness and bliss. and for that, I am grateful.

Whitney - My twin (or so people think) We look a like we act alike, ect, ect. She's always there. Yes, we fight. But what sisters don't? Exactly. We get over it and it's like it never happened. She'll always be there for me, and for that, I am grateful.

Kelsey - We don't always get along but when we do we have a great time. Shopping or eating or watching movies.  She's always gonna be my sister, and for that, I am grateful.

Natashia (My other sister <3) - I've known her for about five-ish years and at first she was Kelsey's friend, then she was Whitney's, and now she's managed to love me too. Like a sister. I love her so much. She doesn't always get told how appreciated she is but I hope she knows how big of an influence she's been in my life. When I look at her and everything she's been through I see strength, hope and most of all, peace. The peace that only comes from Jesus himself.  She has a vision for Uptown, she is writing a book, she isn't always cheery or put together, but that's how she's perfect. She has accepted the fact that it's okay to not be perfect, as long as your striving for perfection through Jesus. I am truly grateful for my semi-censored/filtered sister :)

Nathan (My brother at heart) - Him and Whitney used to be the closest but I'm glad I've gotten to the part of him where he's a brother and friend to us all. Me, Kelsey and Whitney. He's always willing to sit there and listen to vents or to show you a song he loves. He's not easily swayed by the worlds tactics. He's an picture of strength to me. and For that, I am grateful.

Brenda - The first time I actually hung out with Brenda was about a week after my mom's funeral (09). I had friends, but they weren't super close at the time and It was a rough summer for her so we both felt the peace  and freshness of a new friendship, of starting over. To this day we hang out occasionally, not as much as we used to but we still do. She's been through A LOT yet she still seems to find strength, joy, and happiness through Christ, for that, her testimony and the fact that she's where she is today, I am grateful.

LaKoya Kathrine Reyes - Also my sister :) We met what almost 7 years now? She hasn't had an easy life, but she's still there for the people that mean the most to her. She's always there to listen to your problems when you need her to be. I don't think she understands how much potential she has, I also think she's mildly mis-understood. People don't realize how she didn't grow up in church and that her outside influences are so strong around her. So she's easily swayed. She may be a little crazy, a little stubborn, a little disrespectful but at the same time she's my sister <3 and I feel she just wants to be understood. But for as long as I can remember she's been a friend, and for that, I am grateful.

Angie McGuire :) - I guess you could say my mom raised her mom from the teenage years and up. So me and Angie have been friends since, well, birth. We didn't used to get along. But we do now. and she's always there for me and I hope she knows I'll always be there for her too :) For her, I am truly grateful.

 Ms. Kris Newman/Mom/Teacher/Author/Personal Proof-Reader/Friend - I know she's reading this. So I'm going to talk directly to her :) You've been through a lot in life and you still somehow manage to laugh and smile and make other people laugh, and smile! You're such a great person and teacher and especially a good mom. You deserve the best and I believe that's what God has in store for you. You've made me laugh, smile, understand, and love, so for YOU, I am grateful.  (P.S. I love you! :)

My Momma Julie - Like everyone else in this post, she hasn't had an easy life. But through my eyes I see strength, and family, and most of all Jesus himself. He shines through her. She like my mom and best friend rolled into one. She always lets me vent and when I need advice, I turn to her, because she was 'raised' by the best. She retains the wisdom of many years of learning from my mother and I see it in her every time we talk. She is a great role model of family, love and being a daughter of Christ. For her also, I am grateful! (I plan on sharing this with her, so if you're reading this.  I love you :)

I know God blessed me with these people for a reason. For THEM, I am immensely grateful and blessed :)

As Momma Kris would say 'Thanks God!' :)

Hope you've enjoyed learning about the people that fill all the places in my heart. (Not ALL but a lot of them) 

No comments:

Post a Comment