Friday, May 13, 2011

the last one standing -

I have this reoccurring nightmare (not a real dream but my idea of how things could turn out) about my life and where I stand and then where the rest of my youth group stands. 
See here's the thing. More and more lately, left and right, one of the youth will just stop caring about standards. and when you stop caring about standards you don't focus on God. and when you don't focus on God. You loose your way. I feel like life recently has been a game of 'The Last One Standing' like a spiritual game of 'king of the hill'. As with every Friday morning we had prayer at 6am. I wasn't expecting anything different about prayer, the same ol', same ol', Friday prayer service. and I was reading 2 Peter Chapter 3:2-10 



                ' 1-2 My dear friends, this is now the second time I've written to you, both letters reminders to hold your minds in a state of undistracted attention. Keep in mind what the holy prophets said, and the command of our Master and Savior that was passed on by your apostles.
 3-4First off, you need to know that in the last days, mockers are going to have a heyday. Reducing everything to the level of their puny feelings, they'll mock, "So what's happened to the promise of his Coming? Our ancestors are dead and buried, and everything's going on just as it has from the first day of creation. Nothing's changed."
 5-7They conveniently forget that long ago all the galaxies and this very planet were brought into existence out of watery chaos by God's word. Then God's word brought the chaos back in a flood that destroyed the world. The current galaxies and earth are fuel for the final fire. God is poised, ready to speak his word again, ready to give the signal for the judgment and destruction of the desecrating skeptics. 8-9Don't overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn't late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn't want anyone lost. He's giving everyone space and time to change.
 10But when the Day of God's Judgment does come, it will be unannounced, like a thief in the night. The sky will collapse with a thunderous bang, everything disintegrating in a huge conflagration, earth and all its works exposed to the scrutiny of Judgment.'

 I was torn up. I had no idea why but my only conclusion was that, God wanted me to read this. So I just started praying. I usually always speak to God as someone that I ask for stuff to or like he can't communicate back but what I realized is that he wants us to TALK to him! (I know it's deep. I should've already comprehended this by now!) He wants to be our best friend. So I just started voicing my concerns and usually there's only 3 people in prayer but 7 showed up today! So God's presence was strong and everyone could feel it. So of course prayer was amazing. God's presence was constantly building, and building, and building and I understood that it's easier to talk with him rather than ask him for things, and beg and plead for things you want.

So in all of this-what I was reading- all I could think of was 'Man knoweth not the day or the hour...' There's a part of me that wants to say 'I can't be around them due to their influence on me' but I also know that when the enemy comes to push you off the hill. Stick together, hold hands, link arms - especially with God- because, there's no guarantee of how long we have to make things right and how long we have, so stay on the hill when people try to pull you down, you fight heck, because there's no guarantee of a tomorrow.

I hope this isn't too jumbled up to understand it! I kept thinking of stuff that wasn't necessary to throw in and what I needed to take out. But I hope that you got my point :)

Comments Welcome. 
God Bless You -Reader-

M. :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are really deep thoughts showing your strong relationship with God. That's the bottom line of it all. Love God. Love people. Live for Jesus. Everything else - standards, lifestyle - all of it - falls into place if you have those components. So proud of you....

    ReplyDelete