Saturday, May 7, 2011

Love?

So me and my youth group went to a Hutchinson lock-in last night and me and my friend got chit chatting about those people who are so desperate for love and marriage that they make fools of themselves. She was telling me that her mom and her mom's friend were on the phone and they were talking about love and about how if love hadn't found her she would have been fine. She loved life just like it was and she was content with her situation. and her friend was getting mad because her only dream is to get married and the right guy hasn't come along yet, blah, blah blah. We've all heard the 'I want a husband' rant. So we were talking and I was like 'That's why your mom has a husband. She figured out how to make it as a single mom and she embraced life and love just came to her. She didn't track it down and force herself into it!' 

The term 'fall in love' is self explanatory. But for those 'I want a husband' people  they think they have to go out and find love. Whether it be a dating website or something else. 

So let me tell you this. and I think I'm right about this. If you're single. Or a single mom. You have to learn to love yourself. Without a man by your side. You have to embrace the fact that you're strong enough to make it on your own. You have to learn to love your child and your life. and WHEN you can love yourself for who you are. Then God can put the perfect man in your life. He can't give you someone to love like you love yourself if you don't love yourself. 

So learn to love yourself and embrace your life as it is, then God can change it. 

It's a little rambley but it was on my mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment