Monday, April 29, 2013

Paid in Full

 There's an array of things to write about, but I honestly couldn't decide. Someone called me a great 'writer' but I am surely not worthy of that title. Rambler? Maybe.  But I thought again, maybe that's why I can't decide what to write about. I've thought since my last post, "Hm, what should I write?" and I even had a few good ideas. But none of them were it. I didn't feel the release to really write! Then, I saw this news cast about selling body parts for money. Hair - Blood - Women's reproductive eggs (weird as it sounds, very true.) - You can sell it all. 

That got me thinking.

Buy. Sell. Repeat. 

You're able to sell your car, your house, your phone, your TV, your time... You can sell it all. But today, it's not enough.

Material is no good. Not anymore. Every teen feels this dire need to rebel. To rebel in such a way that would show their parents, their friends, and even God how truly mature they are and how they can make decisions for themselves. That they cannot be controlled.

Rules? Who needs those? They can't tell me how to live.

To sell my body; to alcohol, to drugs, to men... that would show them.

What price is the world willing to pay though? And what exactly is the price for your body? Your soul?

A thousand dollars for your good nurtured pony tail? Thirty to fifty dollars for some of your blood? 

**Disclaimer: I'm not saying don't sell your blood. It's good, it saves lives. I'm just making a point.**

But what about His blood?

That's just it. Me, me, me. This world has given you the complicated illusion that your body is yours. That everything you have, is yours. But it's not.


1 Corinthians 6:20 "You were bought with a price, therefore honor God with your body and your spirit, which are God's."


He died for you. He put nails in his hands and his feet. But apparently that's just not enough.

Honestly, I don't think I know of anyone here on earth that would say, "Yeah, torture me. Let me bleed to death. Take my life. Because she/he is worth it."

It might not be yours, but you can control it. Your beauty. Your talent. Your time. Your soul, is worth it, to Him.

Don't sell yourself short. Don't sell yourself to drugs. Don't sell yourself to alcohol. Don't sell yourself to men. Don't sell yourself to music. Don't sell yourself to Hell and it's inhabitants! Just don't do it! He paid far too much for you to give yourself away to something that will never love you to the extent that He loves you; to something that will never ever love you to begin with.

He is willing and ready to give you that love. He'll leave the 99 for you. He takes the 99 steps. You take the 1.  Simplicity is the beauty of his love. 

Everything else is beyond that one simple choice.

simplicity. love. commitment. forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment